Healthcare marketing is a strategy for physicians, hospitals, healthcare networks, healthcare practitioners, caregivers, healthcare providers, and healthcare marketers. Rapid changes in healthcare industry markets require agility and focus. You may need to hire outside help and budget more than in the past. But in the end, it's worth it for that peace of mind and to see your patient population volume grow faster than ever!
1. The journey of a healthcare patient often starts online. According to Google, 5% of total Google searches are about health. From looking up a specific disease or medical problem to fitness information, people searching online for their health inquiries are more common than ever. (source: Google)
2. Furthermore, 47% of online users use the web to search for doctors or other health professionals. So, people are not just using the internet to search for health-related information but also for looking for specific doctors or practice. This is why healthcare SEO should be one of the important things for healthcare providers.
3. 77% of prospective patients are using search engines before making a phone call or booking an appointment. This means people are researching you and your competitors. They are looking at your website design, social media channels, third-party sites, and reviews before ultimately setting up an appointment.
4. Healthcare consumers who are searching for nursing homes, physical therapists, and optometrists are more likely to use search engines. According to most healthcare verticals, more than 60% of patients use search engines before calling or scheduling an appointment. (source: LSA).
5. According to Pew Research, more than 70% of adults use social media to connect with others, read their news, and entertain themselves. Doctors and other healthcare professionals need to utilize social media to engage with patients and build their brand.
6. Out of all internet users, 66% search for a specific health condition or disease. As a provider, you should project your organization as the authority in the field. Creating a strong content marketing strategy that answers specific medical conditions and diseases helps build trust and credibility for your healthcare brand.
7. On a related note, healthcare websites that have a consistently updated blog have 97% more inbound links. In case you don’t know, quality inbound links give your website good “SEO juice”, a critical component to an Effective SEO strategy.
8. In terms of content marketing, long-form blog posts are the way to go because they generate 9 times more leads when compared to short-form blogs. So if you’re still publishing 300-400-word articles in your blog, you’re just wasting time and resources.
9. The two most important content marketing strategies are blogging and social media. On top of creating high-quality content for your healthcare website, make sure that the posts are very shareable to make use of social media’s power.
10. Almost all (94%) healthcare patients read reviews online before deciding on a healthcare provider. Prospective patients are using online reviews to gauge the sentiments of their fellow patients. Good reviews are essential to making a strong first impression and are more likely to convert people into patients. (Source: Software Advice).
11. About reviews, 84% of consumers consider reviews to be trustworthy and reliable, as much as personal recommendations. Therefore, you need to have a solid review management strategy so your practice can consistently acquire new patients. (Source: Inc.)
12. In 2020, global advertising for healthcare industries in the U.S. is expected to increase by 5%, turning it into a $36 billion industry. Furthermore, the Healthcare advertising market is also expected to increase expenditure by 5%. If your healthcare digital marketing is not up to speed, you will be left behind by your competition.
13. The average cost for a healthcare lead is $286. With digital ad spend on the rise, healthcare marketers are paying more for each lead (source: HubSpot).
14. Is your healthcare SEO delivering results? Maybe because your website isn’t even on the first page of your targeted keywords. 75% of online users won’t bother scrolling past the first page of search engines.
15. The first five organic results on the first page of search engines account for 67.60% of all the clicks – that’s over half of the total clicks. If your website is not appearing on the first page of search results, you’re seriously missing out on a lot of leads.
India's healthcare market is expected to reach US $ 280 billion by 2021. This is also attributed to the adoption of digital techniques by the industry which is attracting medical tourism customers to the country.
So if you are a healthcare professional or an institution looking to adopt the right digital marketing strategy, plan it with one of the best digital marketing agencies in Bangalore, www.alibitel.com. With a solid know-how of all digital marketing trends in 2020 and beyond, our exclusive and expert SEO, PPC and social media marketing services are the best and among the most effective in the industry.
Mail us your enquiry now to [email protected].